Covid – 19 – 5th May, 2021 – Protocol “arrival-play-depart without delay“
This club-specific guide to members of Mount Juliet is based on the “Return to Golf in the Republic of Ireland”, which has been prepared by Golf Ireland after extensive consultation with the relevant government departments and state agencies in the Republic of Ireland.
Given the continuing seriousness of the public health situation, the Government has put some limitations on the second phase of opening. These are reflected in the Return to Golf Protocol which has been finalised in consultation with Sport Ireland and the Expert Group on Sport. The main purpose of this protocol is to keep golfers and the wider community safe and we urge you to continue to comply with its measures when golf resumes.
To play our Jack Nicklaus Signature Design Championship Golf Course all golfers must:
• Not have been out of the country in the past 14 days
• Not be in self-isolation
• Not be displaying any COVID-19 symptoms
• Have a pre-reserved tee time booked online or on the phone
Booking & Arrival
• Booking a tee time in advance is compulsory – via BRS website, app or phone
• All golfers will be required to book online with the member tee sheet now opening 21 days in advance
• Golfers are not to arrive at the Estate without a pre-booked tee time
• Mount Juliet Estate will require all players to provide a phone number and email address to enable contact tracing
• All golfers will be made aware of our measures prior to their visit through an automated booking confirmation received via email along with club notice boards, Clubnet App, and further signage
• All players should have their own equipment washed before coming to Mount Juliet Estate to reduce any cross-contamination
• Golfers are requested to travel to the Estate alone unless accompanied by a member of the same household
• Observe social distancing at all times and please refrain from gathering in groups around the Estate
• Our Toilet facilities will be available on the 10th and 1st tee only, however, we request all golfers to arrive correctly dressed for golf, and shoes can be changed in the parking facilities where possible as changing facilities are closed.
• Please visit the Golf Check-in Desk location upon arrival to check-in and give your details
Golf Check-in Procedures
• It is mandatory for all golfers to check-in at the Golf Check-in Desk to allow us to be able to trace movements, if required, during and post-round
• Any play outside of the Golf Shop opening hours must be registered on the BRS App for tracing
• All payments to be made on card or member card
• Scorecards are not available, we strongly recommend the use of the Digital Scorecard on the Clubnet app for Handicap Purposes. The Digital Scorecard is connected directly to our Handicap database.
• A facial covering is to be worn at all times when in built-up locations on the Estate.
Clubhouse and Amenities
• Jack’s Bar will be closed until further notice in line with government restrictions.
• The 10th tee Toilet facilities are available -Locker and Shower facilities will be closed
• Toilets will operate in a one in one out policy
• Sanitised Electric Trollies and Golf Carts are available for hire, subject to being pre-booked.
• General pull trollies are now available from the Golf Check-in Desk only
• Players must provide their own golf clubs.
• Pre-Booked Lessons at the Academy are now available
The Golf Course
• Golf can be played in a group of 4 players maximum and will be at 10-minute intervals
• The Academy is open daily for practice and lessons, between the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
• Putting greens are open with both greens limited to a maximum of 4 players at a time
• As per Golf Ireland Guidelines we request only 15 minutes warm up at the Academy ahead of play.
• Arrive at the 1st tee 5 minutes prior to the reserved tee time for rules of the day and Estate guidelines
• Mount Juliet Estate staff will assist with social distancing by monitoring the 1st tee and practice greens to ensure adherence to protocols and help avoid group gatherings. Social spacing signage identifies the 1st tee waiting areas in relation to distancing measures
• If any player(s) are not following directions they will be asked to leave the course immediately
• Tee off times strictly observed to ensure minimum 10-minute group spacing which will be monitored throughout the day
• No caddies permitted with players if it causes the group size to exceed 4
During your Round
• Physical distancing to be adhered to with close attention to be paid while on the tee boxes and greens
• No more than 1 group on a tee box or green at any given time
• All bunkers will remain in play but for handicap scoring golf we are using the temporary rule “When a player’s ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less [or identify a specific area such as ‘on the fairway of the 6th hole’], the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:” the sand must not be smoothed before placing however we request golfers to smooth markings over with their feet post shot as rakes have now been removed until further notice
• All par 3 holes are now an advised call up hole to allow play to keep moving and not cause delays causing social distancing breaches
• Flagsticks to remain in the hole and must not be touched
• Our hole-cups have an insert that stops the ball from going to the bottom of the hole for easy removal of the ball without contact with any items
• Please use your glove hand where possible when removing your ball from the hole cup and not a club head
• Once a hole is completed, the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole
• Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area, please play a provisional if in any doubt.
• Do not loan players in your group your equipment or your supplies at any stage
• All golfers must only touch their own equipment and not that of others including retrieval of golf balls and tees
• No handshakes or other forms of contact at any stage
• All Pitchmarks are to be repaired plus 1 other where possible
• The 10th tee will be open for take-away light refreshments daily between 9:00am – 5:00pm
• Golfers are recommended to wash and sanitise their hands in the facilities provided at the 10th Tee.
• We strongly request you use the app when possible for scoring on declared days of counting do handicap.
• All players must return to their cars and avoid any other gatherings in the parking facilities. “ arrival-play-depart without delay “
• We advise clubs and other equipment are cleaned thoroughly after use once home
• Players must call or email the golf club with any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, at the earliest possible opportunity to allow the authorities to perform full contact tracing on any given day
Ensuring the Safety of our Staff
Golf Shop Team
Please see measures ensuring the safety of our Golf Team, along with the safety of the club members.
• All staff are provided with PPE to wear on-site
• Staff are comprehensively trained in the importance of hand hygiene and cough etiquette
• All hand sanitiser and cleaning solutions are provided at the check-in desk
• There will only be one staff member present at the Golf Check-in Desk at any one time
• Staff to always remain at least two metres from customers to ensure social distancing
• All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised regularly toprovide maximum safety for all guests and staff
Green Keepers are scheduled work apart on the course for much of the time, with steps taken to minimise the risk of cross-contamination during their shift.
• Morning briefings are temporarily postponed with instructions being delivered via the noticeboard
• Staggered start and break times to avoid gatherings at any given time
• Hand sanitisers provided for regular use on entry points
• Disposable protective gloves are always worn or their individual work gloves
• Face masks used when required
• All Green staff are to avoid gathering in the any compounds and canteens
• Machinery fully washed after use, including the disinfecting of controls and seating area